Kildare PPN are now seeking nominations from our member groups for the following seats:
x1 Environmental Seat on the Climate Action Strategic Policy Committee
x1 Community and Voluntary Seat on the Climate Action Strategic Policy Committee
x1 Social Inclusion Seat on the Local Community and Cultural Strategic Policy Committee
Guidelines for Nominations
- Nominating groups must be registered with Kildare Public Participation Network
- Groups must have full membership and represent one of the following colleges:-
- Community & Voluntary, Environment or Social Inclusion
- Nominations can only be made with the candidate’s knowledge and approval
- Each Group can nominate one candidate only. If groups nominate more than one candidate, the first nomination received will be accepted
- Elections will take place through online voting
- Nominations must have no political affiliations
- Please attach a short candidate profile (approximately 150 words) along with your nomination form (written in the first person)
- Nomination Forms must be received by Kildare PPN on or before the 8th of January 2020
Strategic Policy Committees
SPCs are committees of Kildare County Council. The membership of an SPC is made up of Councillors, PPN Representatives and Sectorial Interests (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, etc.). The role of an SPC is to develop, monitor and respond to Strategic Policy within a thematic area of work of the Council.
Your role as a PPN Representative on a Strategic Policy Committee:
- Represent Kildare Public Participation Network
- Attend and fully participate in meetings
- Reflect views/policies as agreed by your PPN Linkage Group
- Bring forward the issues of the Linkage Group to the Board or Committee for their consideration, including putting items on the agenda
- Report back to Linkage Group within the PPN on developments and issues arising at these meetings
- Communicate regularly with Linkage Groups on matters of relevance to them
What is the commitment?
- 4 Strategic Policy Committee Meetings a year
- Meetings with Linkage Groups
- Initial induction training
Where to get the Nomination Forms?
Nomination forms have been sent to the contact person of each PPN member organisation in the Environmental, Social Inclusion and Community and Voluntary Pillars.
Where to send them?
Completed nomination forms should be sent by post to:
Kildare PPN, Level 7, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare
by e-mail to Kildareppn@gmail.com
Closing date for nominations is Wednesday the 8th of January 2020
If you have any questions, or require further information, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 045-980700.