Please note: Nominations have now closed
Available Secretariat Seats
Athy Municipal District Seat
Kildare-Newbridge Municipal District Seat
What is the Kildare PPN Secretariat?
The Kildare PPN Secretariat is the administrative body that oversee the operations of the PPN.
The purpose of the Secretariat is:
- To ensure the aims and objectives of the Kildare Public Participation Network are met.
- To ensure that member groups are informed of developments relevant to their groups.
- To represent member group’s interests.
- To ensure the proper functioning of the PPN between Plenary meetings.
- To facilitate the implementation of the decisions of the Plenary.
- To support the Coordinator to achieve the PPN’s objectives through the implementation of the Annual Work Plan.
- To develop Kildare Public Participation Network into an effective collective voice for community groups in Kildare.
- To engage with and support the PPN Representatives.
- To operate as defined under Section 46 of the Local Government Reform Act 2014.
- The Secretariat may establish working-groups, sub-committees or task-groups if necessary.
What is the commitment for the position?
- One Secretariat Meeting each month (travel expenses will be reimbursed for any travel to Secretariat meetings. (Meetings are held in the evening time 7:00pm and are currently being held on the third Monday of each month. Meetings are currently held in Áras Chill Dara, Naas.)
- Attend and represent Kildare PPN at events
- Terms are for a maximum of 5 years
What skills are needed for the position?
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working with local communities.
- Team player
- Experience of working on Boards (optional)
2023 Meeting Dates
(Please note these dates may be subject to change)
- 22nd of May
- 19th of June
- July TBC
- August TBC
- 18th of September
- 16th of October
- 20th of November
- 11th of December
How to Apply?
To put forward a nomination, please fill out the Secretariat nomination form below.
- Nominating groups must be registered with Kildare Public Participation Network for at least 6 months.
- Groups must have full membership and be a member of the respective seat e.g. nominations for an Environmental seat must be a PPN member group from the Environmental Pillar.
- Nominations can only be made with the candidate’s knowledge and approval.
- Each Group can nominate one candidate only per seat. If groups nominate more than one candidate, the first nomination received will be accepted.
- If we receive more nominations than seats available, elections will take place through online voting.
- Nominees must have no political affiliations.
- Candidates are requested to submit a short profile (written in the first person) to accompany their nomination form (no more than 150 words, showing relevant experience). This profile will be made public for the purpose of elections. We also request a photo for the ballot paper (this is optional).