Nominations Sought for PPN Representative – Clane Town Centre First Town Team
Under the Government’s Town Centre First Policy, Kildare County Council have recently appointed Consultants to prepare a masterplan for Clane Town Centre. A key part of this is to bring together a Town Centre First (TCF) Town Team. This team will be a group of local residents, business people, community representatives and other stakeholders who come together to make their area a better place to live and work. TCF Town Team members may come from diverse sectors and backgrounds.
We are currently seeking nominations for the PPN representative position on the Clane Town Team.
The masterplan will identify potential projects and the Town Team will have a unique position in the community to become ‘local experts’ on their area and to take a lead on the development of projects that can make positive long-term changes for the town.
The delivery of projects will be carried out in collaboration with the Local Authority and others as required, with the Town Team consulted by the Local Authority during the delivery phase.
There will be a continuous role for the Town Team in terms of influencing delivery, communicating with stakeholders and reviewing the plan over time so that they retain ownership of the process.
The dates, times and locations of the meetings will be decided on once the Town Team has been established.
The closing date for applications is 12:00pm Friday 10th of March 2023.
Guidelines for Nominations
- Nominating groups must be registered with Kildare Public Participation Network and operate in Clane.
- Nominations can only be made with the candidate’s knowledge and approval.
- Each Group can nominate one candidate only. If groups nominate more than one candidate, the first nomination received will be accepted.
- If we receive more nominations than seats available, elections will take place through online voting.
- Candidates are requested to submit a short profile (written in the first person) to accompany their nomination form (not more than 150 words, showing relevant experience). This profile will be made public for the purpose of elections.
- Nominees must have no political affiliations.