Benefits of Membership
Membership to Kildare PPN is open to groups that:
- Are active in County Kildare
- Have a postal address in County Kildare
- Operate on a non-profit basis
- Are volunteer led (organisations can have paid staff, but the organisation must be under voluntary control)
- Are independent i.e. the organisation can not be a sub-group or sub-committee of another organisation
- Have an appropriate governance structure
- Have at least 3 members and are open to new members.
- Are in existence for at least six months
- Are a non-political party
Each member organisation must elect to be part of one of the three “colleges” of the PPN which represents the primary interest of your organisation. The colleges include: Community and Voluntary, Social Inclusion and Environmental.
If your organisation does not fit the membership criteria for the Kildare PPN, your organisation may apply for associate membership. Associate membership allows groups to receive information, and access consultations and training, but they do not have a vote.