Creative Ireland bursary award 2017 - Funding Opportunities for Heritage Projects
Kildare County Council and Creative Ireland are putting together a programme of events as part the Creative Ireland Programme 2017-2022. Funding is now available for individuals and organisations who wish to develop a community/cultural/ Heritage project/event.
The key objective of the bursary is to provide support to individuals and community groups for developmental activities and projects that will encourage creativity, collaboration and cultural participation. Kildare County Council invite applications in the region of €3,000 - €10,000, for projects / events that explore the themes of Wellbeing, Sense of Place, Heritage (Natural, archaeological and cultural heritage), Music, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) and Irish Language.
These bursaries are awarded in the context of the National Creative Ireland, Programme’s Five Pillars, listed below.
The Five Pillars:
- Enabling the Creative Potential of Every Child - A key objective of Pillar 1 is that by 2022 every child in Ireland will have access to tuition and participation in art, music, drama and coding.
- Enabling Creativity in Every Community - the primary objective of this pillar is citizen engagement with their county Culture and Creativity Plans.
- Investing in our Creative and Cultural Infrastructure - high quality infrastructure is critical for a vibrant arts and culture sector, and investment in this infrastructure underpins social cohesion and supports strong and sustainable economic growth.
- Ireland as a Centre of Excellence in Media Production - The long-term objective of this pillar is to elevate the creative industries including: media, architecture, design, digital technology, fashion, food and crafts, fostering innovation in enterprise.
- Unifying our Global Reputation – the Creative Kildare programme presents an opportunity to showcase the best of Kildare and develop a positive view of the county internationally. This is an opportunity to work with our existing overseas networks, including town twinning and Kildare Associations abroad.
How to apply:
The guidelines and application form are attached and available to download from www.kildare.ie/artsservice or email email@example.com. The closing date for the application is Wednesday 2nd August 2017, at 12:00 noon. Hard copy applications should be clearly marked and addressed to: Creative Ireland Bursary Awards 2017, Kildare County Council, Riverbank, Main Street, Newbridge, County Kildare.
Please note Heritage can be Natural, archaeological and cultural heritage. This is an opportunity to promote or interpret our Heritage in a new, exciting and creative way. There is a very short turn around on this project as the closing date is 2nd Aug
County Heritage Officer,
Kildare County Council,
Áras Chill Dara, Naas, Co Kildare
Tel: 045 980791
Kildare PPN has been requested to circulate the information above.